Thursday, February 02, 2012

did I really ask "should we settle this in an octagon?"

Wow... today is a wirlwind of crazy things happening. First of all, if you might remember the blog post I had about "Goddag Yxskaft" the notion that wo (or more) people aren't communicating... So, let's say that Person P is trying to repeat an assay that Person X has done before. Person P is getting results similar to what Person T is getting, but is way off from what Person X had previously reported.

P lays flat on the ground and describes in detail what they are doing, what calculations and everything and sends it off to X asking "can you please tell me where I'm not doing what you are doing since the results aren't adding up". And then gets a response a few weeks later....

"You should calculate the [what P wrote in the email but maybe X didn't see that?]"

P replies; "thanks but that's what I thought I did, so could you please send me how you do things so I can compare it?"

X replies: "What I do is what you do, but changing a few things and you should get the same results"

Needless to say, this is making for one frustrating situation... and leading up to "could we solve this with an octagon perhaps?"*

I guess the saving grace of it all is that Person P has never, not one time in the emails or within hearing distance from anyone apart from the cloests in mourning said anything apart from "If you would be so kind to tell me what I possibly could've done wrong/missing/lacking/misunderstood" ... but sometimes that makes for even more frustration since there is no ego from that way. Just miscommunication and no results in the end.

(Although, apparently someone has decided that a meeting face-to-face is the best and quickest way to resolve this. Hm, guess who is going to need to go to the gym early morning to get all those frustrations out?? That's right. Person P, aka me.)


*might not have been the most clever comment to make in the combination with certain bosses and male attitude but .... too late to feel sorry about it now. It's already a little memo floating around in the office that this doctor is the "cage fighting doctor". erhm. ^^

No comments: