Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Breaking the 45 or the 7? Maybe


I'm having a sneaky suspicion that this week might be the continuing of the "falling down" in the standings for my lovely Leafs team. My saving grace the last couple of weeks have been that they are indeed number 6.... and as seen in this picture the teams in front of them are (apart from the division leaders Pittsburgh and Carolina* respectively) the rest of the their division - Montreal, Boston and Ottawa.

There's always hope that it will be OK of course. Ottawa isn't too far ahead. I keep remembering those AMAZING weeks in January when Leafs ('we'?) won against Montreal and Pittsburgh with numbers (e.g. 6-0, 5-2) that made me wonder how wonderful this season was going to be. Was this the end of the 45th draught? The end of the 7 years "not making it to the play offs". Well, the season isn't over....

My little heart though, has been broken many games in a row now (5 is the current streak) and I'm starting to remember the saying "it hurts to be a Leafs' fan". It sure does. But everything that's worth something is worth suffering a little for too, right? Let's hope my team picks it up! (As I hope I will do in the infamous hockey league of Cath :) )
















standings the 19th of March..... still a play off contender. Fingers crossed.

*The points of Carolina, the division leaders are the same as my precious team.... if only that could've been my division.

No comments: