Thursday, September 22, 2011

is it called "feeling smug"?

After a workday of 11 hours for the first time after being home in the sick bed I wanted to go home and sleep. Or I wanted to grab a beer on happy hour with some friends... but instead I realised that the gym and I had a long overdue date. Said and done, I changed at work and went to the gym for a work out.

Now, feeling slightly sleepy and delightfully tired in my muscles, I am also feeling a little smug and content that I did do what I knew I should've done. It is really that easy for me to try and get back into work out mode after a long "vacation" away since the time in far away country consisted of walking, walking (some train rides) and more walks, alas no "real" work outs.

So, now I only need to go back to the gym Saturday or Sunday. Although, it is football Sunday.... hmm... football and beer is looking very tempting... maybe work out first and relaxing afterwards? ^

1 comment:

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

Good for you! I wish I could say I deserved to feel that smug, but I definitely don't!

I keep thinking "I'll get back into an exercise routine once these grants are done". Unfortunately I've been working on one grant after another since July, and will continue to do so until mid-November. So I need to find another source of inspiration!