Tuesday, September 13, 2011

depending on machines...

Sometimes I get reminded why depending on anything, but most often machines, is an irritating idea. Especially when I live where I currently do. This morning for example, getting outside and preparing to go to work, when my car made an interesting sound when I turned the key in the ignition....

Yes, it was that sound a boat motor makes (my first point of reference when I tried to explain to a mechanic what had happened) when you pull the string (ok, so I never had a big boat) and it huffs and puffs but does not make the "connecting" sound... as when the motor actually starts...

No, my car didn't start. And I yet again was happy that I live within walking distance from work so I wasn't totally stranded. Well, I didn't walk to work this morning (making everyone happy at work since I wasn't too late, and the added joy of making a little bit of fun of little me) but rather walking home and enjoying the lovely sunset. Sure enough though, I missed my country from farfar away too soon... there I wouldn't have been eaten alive by vicious mosquitos and sweaty in the warm weather but it didn't rain or was a thunderstorm.

Now, I only hope that I can get my car fixed sort of soonish though, since even if I can walk to and from work - no car seriously diminishes my options on buying food, meeting with people and living my life... alas, it's not a disaster - but considering the US dollar value in the exchange rate I don't really look forward spending too much on repairs since my 'vacation' did end up being if not too pricy still fairly expensive ^^ ah well, perspective is a good thing right? I only need to remember that a car is not an option where I live - it's a needed thing to function - at least when your bike has two blown tires and you haven't fixed it yet (either).

And I thought I was a planning girl.... duh.... well, time to do laundry and unpacking since a vacation seems to lead to lots of those things to fix before home looks like 'normal'.

2 comments:

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

Oh no! I hope it's not too expensive or long-winded to fix.

Didn't they give you a loaner car while yours is in being worked on?

chall said...

loaner car? haha. That would be if I actually used my car insuarence company, right?

I left it at home and walked to work these last few days while trying to clear my head. It seems to be ok now though *crosses fingers* but I need to get it to the shop and ask "what's going on" before I breathe out of relief.