Friday, November 06, 2009

sand painting

I was just blown away earlier tonight when I found this link at a Swedish blog. I had no idea. It is super. I ended up watching a bunch of other videos at youtube too. She was the winner of "Ukraine's got talent" and her name Ксения Симонова transcribes into Kseniya Simonova. She has her own website too. I don't understand how she does it, nor do I care. It was just absolutely mind blowing to see it. It's only 8 mins long but it will pass in a second! Go look!! Go now!

(It says on the wikipedia that this performance was the story about Ukraine from the Great war with Russia and into the World War II.... hence the 1945 in the end. I wish I could know the lyrics or what songs there were in the beginning...)

7 comments:

Alyssa said...

Wow - that was amazing. Thanks for sharing.

chall said...

I cried when I saw it ;) you're welcome!

Thinkerbell said...

Happy to hear you cried too. I was already thinking I was the only one turning in to a freakbag of tears.

chall said...

Tinkerbell: oh no, there were a lot of tears ;)

JF said...

This is all about WW II. Ukraine along with Russia was a part of USSR. All soundtrack is in Ru. The first part is legendary radio announcement: "Attention. Moskva is speaking. Today, 22nd June Nazi Germany attacked us soviet union". Indeed, Germany was trying to deceive ussr by Barbarossa plan which failed completely - they did not expect russians to stand for their land so fiercely. And basically she draws the story of personal pain through all this Great War which ended on May 9, 1945 when russians put the red flag on top of Reichstag. People are crying b/c USSR won this war (yes, ussr, not usa) by extreme human power. 20 million USSR people were killed. I don't see any Ukraine-Russian relationship in there. Thanks for the link!!

chall said...

Olga: thanks for explaining the beginning with the Russian and the words. I saw the audience starting to cry but didn't really understand. The pain was clearly there to see, and I understood 1945 at least....

And in regards to the link. you are welcome!

microbiologist xx said...

Wow! That was pretty impressive.