Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It’s over….

They lost yesterday. It didn’t matter that they were in the lead with 5-4 with 7 mins to go…. Not when Chicago put three more goals in … I guess this means that my love, my hope for this relashiopnship is over. I will move over to the backup. Enjoying the cheating, after all – they are the only ones left… I have to keep the fire somehow, right?!

With that I end up with a few other notes. 1 in 4 of the Swedes cheat* on their significant other with someone at work. 1 in 3 of the Finns. (*actually I think it said 1 in 5 have had sex with someone at work but then they coupled it with how many were in a relashionship at the time). Some pointers to look for;
Spending a lot of time at work with late hours.
Not allowing the SO to join conferences.
Not letting the SO go to work parties anymore.

Anyone else feel like it could be a description of just a life of an average scientist? Long hours, check. Going on conferences where the SO might not have so much fun, check. Work parties? With scientists? Where the SO will have fun. Sure….

Ah well, it is time to go to work and not mope about hockey. Sad day though. I truly think Sundin will quit, maybe that would be the best?! And he and his girl friend (really, what do you call it when both parties are over 25 years of age?) can start their lovely life in LA or wherever they might settle down…. And no, of course not jealous… not at all. Pah. Ridiculous. Who would want to be independently wealthy and have a fan base of a few thousands and be able to do what you want… and done sports for more than 15 years… which you like too…

Then again, I have my lovely bacteria and they will not betray me. Not like the cells did over the weekend when they decided not to grow but rather shrivel up and die. Pah. Bad cells. Now I have to thaw new ones and cuddle with them so they behave and grow.

There was another thought of mine in regards to the hunt for the Nature paper – that it/they wouldn’t keep me warm when I am old. However, it might give me my next job without too much hassle?!?! Not my main concern at the moment though, since I don’t see the C/N/S paper in the future at the moment. Maybe another travel grant though.

With that, I should stop ranting tired rant and go and write that work plan for the new person who gets into lab. And soon it is weekend and I can rest and sleep and get rejuvenated after this set of experiments. Not that you can tell, right? I have a negative on my sleep account for now...

8 comments:

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

I don't want to talk about the hockey :(

Sundin is done, he will not get a new contract in Vancouver unless he takes a HUGE wage cut.

chall said...

Cath> i know. it hurts.

I was talking in general that he might do best in quitting now. The leafs won't take him back. Canucks why should they? really? And who else?? I mena, you really want to switch teams lika crazy the last couple of months of your career? (maybe?)

I think the other Swedes are interesting though, what will they do when their contracts are up in June. Both of the Sedin brothers for example...

Unbalanced Reaction said...

I much prefer a stern talking to over a cuddle with my cells. They WILL respect their master!

Okay, now that THAT is out of my system.... :-)

ScientistMother said...

OMG it was so so sad yesterday. I don't even know who to be pissed at, I mean they freakin scored 5 goals! Poor Lou, he totally blames himself, but I'm not sure he had a chance on those last 2....stupid sundin did NOTHING

chall said...

UR:I did the stern talking last week and that clearly didn't work.... now I am back to please pretty please... ;)

SM: hey, I know that you aren't thrilled about Sundin but poor Lou did not play his best. But it doesn't make any difference to blame anyone.... but I am still annoyed.

Mad Hatter said...

I have no idea who this Sundin is, but the thought of you cuddling with your cells made me laugh! :-)

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

SM, I am choosing not to blame anyone, but to decide that Chicago were the better team and I want them to win the cup now. It's always better to go out to the eventual winners!

Chall, it will be very interesting to see if the Sedins, Ohlund etc. stay...

chall said...

CAth> we'll see.....