Monday, November 27, 2006

Closer (Portman, Owen, Law and Roberts)

Remembered today that I saw Closer the other weekend. Interesting movie. It felt like a real grown up movie without that much "fluff" stuck into everything but rather just the story about relatioships and there problems/attractions. I had some problems with every character (indicating complex things which I like) and I felt sorry for some of them, maybe all, in the end. And it left a certain taste in my mouth that the most happy of them was probably Owen's character.... and he did some very questionable things as well as being the one who were determined but also the revenge guy. I resented, for a short second, that the character of Julia Roberts could be allowed to have a happy life after being so decieving but then I realised that that is the hope for us all. That we can rise above the mistakes of ourselves, as well as others, and forgive both ourselves and those who trespass against us.

(Yeah, going to church/thinking too much does this to me. Realising it is nobler (gooder? better?), mostly for your own good and sanity, to be forgiving than to turn into hate.)

On the other hand, I am not really there yet. Give me the bullies of my school years, only two of them nowadays, and I must regretfully admit that I have not fully forgiven them...

so this test was not completly off mark. Even though I thought I was better than this...

You Are 64% Evil
You are very evil. And you're too evil to care.Those who love you probably also fear you. A lot.


How Evil Are You?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did this a while ago. I'm 75% evil >:) might try again...

chall said...

pahh... Ever occured to you that I pride myself with being innocent and good?! ;)

...or maybe I just like to pretend I am that kind since that gives an extra punch _that_ specific time?!