Tuesday, December 14, 2010

have a little... trap alarm?

I have a little something to blog about among all the unbloggable things in my life right now....

You know that you've been away from the (old) lab for a long time when you walk into the cold room to pull some plates out and you slip on the Big bag with unmentionables in it (read: things in an biohazard bad that need to be in cold room to die and not smell too much in the open room) and accidentally press the button close to the door..... BAAAAAAAAAAAAP (or however one would make the horrid sound look like in writing) and you panic since you can't turn it off....

My thought was "it's the fire alarm. Shit. It's direct to the fire department". And then some of the people still on the floor came rushing there and the nice (but oh so overly nice) guy show up to turn it off. Since it was the "trapped in the cold room alarm".

Yeah. Stealthy move. Not.

At least I got a compliment out of it since I apparently looked hot (in the cold room). And I now know that I ever get trapped people would get there quickly to save me....

Next time, I'll remember how to disarm the alarm. But I at least never have used it and thus never knew how to disable it. I guess what the running joke will be the rest of the week...

7 comments:

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

Oopsy!

Did scenes from The Shining pop into your mind, at all? I know that's what I would have been thinking of!

I hope the unbloggable things are of the good kind, not the bad kind. If they are the bad kind, I hope they get better soon.

chall said...

the Shining? What would that be with the alarm? hmm.... not really sure that it's my memory of the shining. Granted I haven't watched it in a few years since I was still terrified to go to bed afterwards ;)

unbloggable things are a mixed bag...thanks!

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

Not so much the alarm as the being locked in the freezer thing :)

chall said...

ah...yeah... well.... ehh... ;)

trying not to remember too much of that now...

tideliar said...

That is too funny! I can imagine your panic LOL

chall said...

Tidy> yeah... trying to sneak in and just do some lab work... ehh.. not so much.

Got some schtick about it today too. I'm guessing there will be comments regarding "you found your way yet" ?) ;)

Silver Fox said...

I guess I'm going to have to watch The Shining again.