Monday, June 07, 2010

happy update

I'll go with this; if you don't work as a post doc round the clock but rather a more "regular" job where you can both be good at work and have some kind of hobby (and some time to exercise) - there is a possibility of loosing a bit of excess fat, lower that high blood pressure and feel better over all after a while.

Yep. I'm bragging now. On a happy note anyway. As of today I am down under the weight I've had for a long time, I'm down a clothes size to one that I haven't been for many years and my blood pressure is a happy sight.

All can happen in a few days (or since New Years if we count the weight).

Now, all I need to do is dig through that paper - but I got some good stuff done yesterday- and I have some hope for that too.

Imagine, all this on a Monday morning. I wonder if that was the run this morning that made me happy? Endorphins and all. Ha, time to go to work! Enjoy the week!

5 comments:

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

Yay Chall! Way to go! It's a tough thing to do, and losing one entire clothes size is an awesome achievement!

chall said...

ha, thanks Cath. To be honest, I was always on the verge between these two but it is a fun feeling to understand that the dress I bougth three months ago is too big and won't be used anymore.

(Apart from the annoyment of spending money of course, but it was on sale... and I could probably make it smaller in the waist :)

I'm not buying any more clothes until August though, since I hope to be down at least as much more... (although, I sort of doubt I will lose another dress size, my rib cage is still that big, and my arms won't shrink due to less weight but... I don't want to jinx it.)

PUI prof said...

Hooray for you, Chall! Congrats on good decision making in big and small things.

ScientistMother said...

Shocking what having some sense of sanity in your life can do! Yay for the healthier you!

chall said...

PUI and SM: thanks! It feels a bit better overall :)