Friday, June 13, 2008

A wish about raising boys

If I had one wish come true regarding the whole gender-equality debate, I think it would have to be ”Please raise your sons to have a good relationship with their father and give them opportunities to express and feel emotions, not being scared and suppress them.”

Maybe then it wouldn’t be quite as hard for a man to loose and cope with loosing his father.

It will be an early “go home” day today, have things to do (the fact that I have done this a few times now so I know the practical things that happens when people die, at least that is something – I can help a little)– as a women who is used to communicate and express thoughts and feelings. I just wish that some would do the same and not hold back the tears and deny the feelings. Hopefully, all in due time. There is no stress in grief.

Enjoy the weekend people and I’ll be back with more thoughts on the world and things next week.

No comments: