Thursday, March 27, 2008

biohazard

I was dared into putting this on my arm a while back. I further forgot the rather big "departmental party" that was happening the evening after the evening with the dare... Of course I wasn’t a chicken and therefore I left it for the party. (Of course I wore a slightly longer sleeve than I thought of having, I am not that brave ;) ) The look of one of the PIs I met during the day pretty much said “we don’t have any humor and we certainly not approve of tattoos anyway”. Luckily, another PI stared at me the whole ride in the elevator and tried not to smile too obvious. When he stepped out I smiled and said “it was a dare, of course I had to do it”. I heard his laugh the whole way out. At least some people have some humor. And granted, I actually like the symbol. Some friends thought it was a band logo…

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA! Brilliant.

This PI with no sense of humour - not German?

*snicker*

chall said...

Nope. He was American...and another one was from down under... and then a third.. ehh... never mind. Lets just say they were from different places but all above the age of 45 ;)

The man who sniggered,not from Europe but also the youngest one. I'd go with age on this one...

Mad Hatter said...

What an awesome tattoo!

chall said...

thanks!

It was kind of surprising to see it at the "air brush stand" but I really thought it was a nice dare ;)

I wouldn't do a real one on the lower front arm though...

Anonymous said...

It IS a band logo. I once got a Biohazard t-shirt because I thought it was nerdy/funny only to find out I was accidentally supporting this hardcore underground band.

chall said...

:) I am guessing you think of the band Biohazard? Back in the days?

Sure, I am sure that someone would pick it up as a band logo (it's good looking and cool!) but, and this was my point, people thought it was ONLY a band logo...

Anonymous said...

I hope you submitted your tattoo to the emporium.
(All science tattoos must be approved by the ScienceBlogs overlords).

chall said...

haha, it was a fake. A spray on tattoo so I don't think that would work. If it was a real one though... ;)