Friday, February 22, 2008

trade or no trade?

The everlasting question that will be answered when I wake up Wednesday morning (so I guess everlasting is kind of an overstatement).
Will he trade?!!?
I certainly hope so. If nothing else, I would have loved to be the one to say “stay in the team, work with the team, win with the team” but alas, it looks like The Leafs have forgotten how to play good every game. They are remarkable, indeed. Not that anyone would want to be remarkable in this way; they went from slamming the leader in the conference to loosing with 8 goals to a sullen bad team the very next game! (Yes, I am still annoyed with it. The fact that they even played in Air Canada Center makes it all even more incomprehensible.)

So, as one can find the best gossip about The Captain of the Leafs in the newspaper Globe and Mail : “” Mark Milliere, TSN's vice-president of production, said the Leafs figuring prominently in trade deadline news could produce record audiences. "You're looking at one of the most storied franchises in sports history potentially shipping off one of their most storied captains in team history," he said. "It creates a lot of intrigue." …///… Toronto isn't the only market where the deadline is getting plenty of attention. In Montreal, the Canadiens are reportedly pursuing Atlanta Thrashers star Marian Hossa, and in Vancouver, the Canucks may be interested in Mats Sundin.””

As long as Sundin doesn’t trade to the Senators (long story but that might be the only team no one in Toronto could stomach their lovable captain in). Trade to the Canucks would be excellent! My two favourite teams combined in one…. But then again, I guess he should go somewhere like The Red Wings (but I am not sure they need him) and not the team in the seventh place at the moment. In my heart I want him to stay away from the Ducks (although I think he would team up good with forward Selanne). Just realised that Captain Pronger is 6’6”… gosh… anyway, not Ducks and they also have Bertuzzi, who kind of lost it that time a good five years ago – what can I say? Apparently my memory is long and bad…

Anyhow, it might be an idea for him to trade to the Western conference since that would make it more obvious that at least that team didn’t beat the Leafs. On the other hand, does that really matter? Not really. Then again, there is the Calgary team – haven’t been too bad this year. I do see that I am leaning towards the Canadian teams or the teams with Swedish players. Well, go figure. Maybe the man I spoke to last Saturday will be right. “He’ll go to the Penguins! Especially since they couldn’t get Forsberg to trade in.”
Wednesday, I and the rest of the world will know for sure. I have goose bumps now. Time to stop thinking about hockey and finish up work.

No comments: