Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hockey pool week 20

(In my Inbox earlier tonight.... " *cough* hockey pool update *cough* ") ... Thanks for the reminder Cath!! :)

So, the abysmal (hrm) I mean Wonderful week of 20 in this hockey pool sees us with Bob being the winner of the week; Woho! Lavaland coming in on a second place, Cath and Thomas sharing third (very close with 26 points), Ricardipus fifth, ScientistMother and myself barely not sharing last place with Gerty (only one point difference so.... not too far at all there).

Overall the slopes are looking better than last week.... Lavaland in a certain lead, Bob getting into second place (Ricardipus moving back a place to third). A gaggle of geese in the middle (trying out when I can use this wonderful phrase) and Thomas picking up the best slope for the week (if you look at the picture imho). Gerty and I are feeling the pressure (well, I am at least... dropping from my nice slopes in the beginning and all... hmmm.)


(and I am really terrible at making graphs in numbers.... sorry about this non-fancy one).

5 comments:

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

Thanks Chall!

Not a bad week for me, but I'm worried about next week's graph - yet again my usual Monday lunchtime re-shuffle fell victim to a public holiday in the US, a holiday that involved some early east coast games that brought the pick deadline forward. (How come you lot have had TWO public holidays since New Year, and the rest of Canada got one this week, but here in BC we've had NONE?! Nothing between New Year and Easter! It SUCKS!)

Ahem. Anyway. Thanks for hosting!

chall said...

well, just because it's a "public holiday" (aka federal holiday) doesn't mean that private places care about it.... I only got MLK off (and that's only the last three years, before that - no holiday).

and now it's nothing until Memorial day (last monday in May). No frigging time off for Easter I tell ya. Nuthin' . Just sayin'

[...rant continues somewhere else]

;)

Richard Wintle said...

That week was, in a word, shite. Of the absolute variety.

I'm doing better this week despite having missed the picks deadline!

Argh. Bob has stopped knock knock knockin' at my door, and barged his way in, knocked the umbrella stand over, and plunked himself on the couch in front of the TV. Argh.

ScientistMother said...

that damn Bob, so ungracious. He's hogging all the Doritos. Doesn't he know I'm knocked up over here??!!!

Tom said...

Wow, looks like I'm only about 100 points out of first place.