Monday, January 11, 2010

NFL - Post season results and bets

This was an interesting weekend. Come Saturday I had gathered bets and suggestions from Prof-Like Substance, Alyssa and myself with Professor in Training being just a bit late as the first game was underway (leaving that one non chosen).


In short, PLS have Green Bay Packers as the overall Superbowl winner. Alyssa and I have the Vikings, and PiT has the Saints. Since GB is out in the first round, PLS is somewhat crippled in the run, although, there could be a “noone bet for them to win” which would make it all up to points so all is not lost yet!


Round 1.

We all did choose three teams the same, the Patriots were chosen over Ravens, and Bengals over Jets and Green Bay Packers were chosen over the Cardinals.... As we know, that was not the end results as of Sunday night. Alyssa and I chose the Cowboys over the Eagles (which PLS and PiT chose) and gain one point for that.


In the end of round one that leaves Alyssa and I with one point each and PLS and PiT have null points. Sort of interesting based on four different people....


Now, this is not all lost since it is all about what happens in the round two. So, without further ado; I will present the predictions for each one of us as well as the line up for round 2.


NY Jets at San Diego Chargers

Alyssa, PLS and chall thinks Chargers will win. PiT thought the Patriots would go through and have to hope for the Jets to score to keep us from winning points...


Baltimore Ravens at Indianapolis Colts

All of us thinks the Colts will get it.


Dallas Cowboys at Minnesota Vikings

Alyssa and chall thinks the Vikings will win this one. PLS and PiT thought the Packers would be in this game and beat Vikings....


Arizona Cardinals at New Orleans Saints

PiT and chalI think the Saints will claim this one. PLS thought the Eagles would have beat the Saints.... And Alyssa thought the Packers would be in this game and beat the Saints.


For round 3 and who will go to the Superbowl

Alyssa thinks Vikings (will beat the Packers) and Colts (will beat the Chargers)

PLS thinks Packers (would’ve beaten Eagles) and Chargers (will beat the Colts)

PiT thinks Saints (would’ve beaten Packers) and Colts (will have beaten Patriots)

chall think Vikings (beating Cowboys) and Chargers (beating the Colts)


I think this way is easier to see the bets than the “pseudo bracket” that I have been staring at on my computer... let me known if this was wrong and I’ll try and make nice pictures instead...


8 comments:

Unbalanced Reaction said...

Clearly, the Jets are going to go all the way.

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

That sounds like something from West Side Story

chall said...

UR: ..they might ;) (although I don't think so)

Cath: West Side Story? How do you get that? (never did see that more than once... and that was mainly Thomas C Howell in my mind... :) oh wait, that was probably Outsiders. Huh...)

Mad Hatter said...

I'm clearly *way* too late to play, but here are my picks just for fun:

Chargers beat Jets
Colts beat Ravens
Cowboys beat Vikings (go Cowboys!)
Saints beat Cardinals

I'm thinking it'll be a Saints vs Chargers SuperBowl and I pick the Chargers to win.

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

Chall, The Jets were one of the gangs in WSS. There's a song that goes something like "the jets are going to have their way, tonight". I'll try to find a video clip on YouTube for you some time when I'm not at work!

WSS was the first movie I ever owned (on VHS, obviously). I've seen it, oooh, about a hundred times!

chall said...

cath: ahh.. then I see :) Maybe I should take another gander at the movie :D

chall said...

Mad Hatter: sure sure, skid in here _after_ the important weird games this weekend ;) Ah well, I think you might have a point somewhere there... the chargers are good.

However, your love with the cowboys make me want to semipuke in my mouth ;) VIKINGS!!!

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

Here's the link! Enjoy!