Monday, October 17, 2011

best behaviour on display

I'm proud of myself. I have been able to not only be quiet (for me, it's sometimes hard), but also slightly smiling and saying "but of course" and then continued being quiet for a little while now.

Then I have finished a couple of reports, pointing out in what I would say might be the crux of the matter, interpretations of the data assembled and possible solutions (if that is something to be desired). And now, keep going until decisions are made and voiced.

Let's just go with that I haven't been this happy with my background in "scheming*", "temper check*", "planning ahead*" and last but not the least "scientific arguing with facts, data and statistics" (rather than anecdotal "I had feeling this was what we did").

I think I'm deserving a little drink after workout tonight, even if it is Monday. Or rather, especially since it is Monday - four more days in the week....

* all slight ambiguous traits from role playing games character traits....

2 comments:

FrauTech said...

Congratulations. I continue to work on keeping my mouth shut and just nodding my head and not getting into an unnecessary fight.

chall said...

FT ;) I know, the mouth shut has been my way sort of since once I start talking I can't seem to stop at the "appropriate" stop but actually (shocking I know) say those things some ppl don't want to hear... alas, better to be quiet and try staying under the radar?!

Good luck with not having fights and hope things get better!!