Monday, August 30, 2010

rejection sigh...

Well, I got to be happy for a few days, but today all hope was squished. "Not clear of the kind of conceptual advance which would generate interest from our reader".... [paraphrasing] Ah, it's probably much better though, to get rejected without even getting sent out for review. At least it was very quick. Now the manuscript can get sent to another journal.... if I just can figure out a better [more appropriate] one.

Feeling a bit bummed though. Really wanted this to work. It would've been my best IF so far...

Then again, maybe that wouldn't mean too much ;)

Off to scout for a new vanue, and I think C/N/S style is out. (read: not general enough, nor conceptial apparently... duh) The hard choice is going to be which way we will have to rewrite it towards... huu....

I guess I can give it a night and grieve/feel bummed/mope before I pick it up and reformat the whole deal. Yack.

11 comments:

Alyssa said...

Aw, that's too bad! I think taking a day or two to regroup before deciding which journal to submit to next is a good idea. Good luck!

chall said...

Yeah, regrouping. The awesome wine last night did help ;)

To be honest - I had hopes but didn't think it would "fit"... but now I am worried that it's not publishable in anything I haven't published in before (read: this is the biggest thing I've done so I would've liked a bit higher IF)

On the other hand, the "old journals" are good journals, and ppl read them so... I'm trying not to doubt the potential of publishing it there, and I think I'm good.

fey said...

Bummer! I just submitted one to a journal that I think it might fly in. I am hopeful but not overly confident.

Good luck with future submissions.

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

Sorry dude :(

Good luck with the resubmission

chall said...

Dr G: thanks! I think it will be fine in some other journals we've thought about. I just had some hopes ;) Good luck with your submission!

Cath: yeah... that's life though, right? You can't win unless you try?! (keeping my chin up for next punch....)

EcoGeoFemme said...

Bummer. I still haven't seriously looked at the comments I got on a rejection I received weeks and weeks ago. Sigh... Good luck with your revisions and resubmission.

chall said...

EGF: Thanks! probably will have to work on it in the end of next week... hmm... it's never really fun. but maybe this first time, we won't make too many changes snce we more likely than not, will get some revision suggestions after the next submission (one can hope they can at least send it for review... and I would hope that it doesn't need any big changes...) hope... ;)

Miss Outlier said...

Bummer, I'm sorry. :( Hope you can take a break before you have to tackle it again!

Tom said...

It's the "Summer of rejection". Don't let it get you down!

chall said...

Miss O> yep, took a week off from it while old PI was away... now though.. I think I have to deal with it again...

TJ> yeah. I'm ok right now. the worry is "what to do if it gets rejected again" ;) You know, one time is nothing; two is a trend...

chall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.