Wednesday, October 22, 2008

that meme about 6 things/quirks

Since Cath was so kind to tag indirectly ;) and I am procrastinating a presentation and somewhat big lab book entry.

1. I hum to myself – mostly when I am concentrating and doing things like pipetting/the dishes or just reading in general. [These things would make me one of the typical people that Ford Prefect talks about in THHGTTG – “people talk so their brain knows they are still alive”] I have also been known to have a tip of my tongue out the side of my mouth when I am focusing on something specifically hard.

2. I blurt out questions at random some times, without explaining my line of thoughts or even warning that I have a question. This can be a bit embarrassing at times, since people don’t see how I got to that question or how on earth did I think of that?! And some would even compare me to the three year old with “how does that work?” and “Why do people do those things?”.

3. I have a certain thing for “sappy movies with no real story” (think Lifetime Movie Network and Lifetime etc). There is something with those college movies and the “look like normal people” thing and some love on the side. Instead of reading Nora Roberts, one can now see like a thousand of the movies. I nearly ended up as a stable/horse girl on a ranch in Montana after one “Nora Roberts marathon weekend” on Lifetime last spring :)

4. I check doors/lights/stove before I leave the house… and the gas in the lab before locking the doors at night. _if_ something were to happen…

5. I love playing strategy boardgames, especially Risk and Britannia that have a secure place in my heart. Nowadays though, it’s mainly Diplomacy online that lures me into the deep trenches… it is easier to play online when you are on the other side of the planet from your former game friends.

6. I can not shower with the bath room door closed if I am alone in the apartment/house since I am too scared that someone will sneak up on me. That also means that the shower curtain will never be completely closed, and that I will see the door way from where I am. Oh, and I never leave the shower curtain completely closed when no one is in the bath/shower either. Surely you have seen “the Shining”?

I don’t like force tagging people… and “random people” wouldn’t be random if they all were people I read blogs from so… following the example; any blogger who reads this who has cats!

7 comments:

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

I can't shower with the door open when I'm alone! It has to be closed and locked. Mostly due to my husband finding it amusing to scare me.

chall said...

Haha. He hasn't learned ;)

I'm dangerous to scare since I wave out with my arms and try to kick the one - just on instinct "promise". And then I yelp and scream. It sounds harmless I guess, but once when a guy snuck up behind me at my college dorm I was chopping onion ...yes, I turned around really quickly and he turned pale. the tip of the knife was kind of close to him.

He never scared me again ;)

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

Guys just don't realise how scary that can be, do they?! I once had my then-boyfriend run up behind me on a dark path and grab me - I spun on a dime (I'd heard someone coming) and almost lashed him across the face with my bunch of keys!!! I realised just in time and missed him by a few cm. He didn't do that again!

Hey, are you on Facebook? Wanna play Risk?

microbiologist xx said...

HaHaHaHa!! I will NOT use the restroom with the shower curtain closed. If I go to someone else's house and use the bathroom and find the curtain closed, I open it, use the restroom and close it back.

I have four cats, so I consider myself tagged.

chall said...

Cath> that is _exactly_ what I mean. wouldn't you have felt like a complete evil person if you'd succeeded scartching him in the face?

I would have been mortified to stab the man in the student dorm....

and yes, I am on facebook. Haven't used the RISKapplication yet though... might work it out this weekend or so ;)

Micro XX> See, a girl in my liking. Just what I do too :)

microbiologist xx said...

Since I have cats...
http://microbiologistxx.blogspot.com/2008/10/6-random-facts-andor-quirks.html

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

Sent you an Attack (aka Risk) invite on FB... sign up and I'll start a game!