Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Word/sentence of the day

welcome to join the lab for tea in the afternoon

I think this trip and interview will be very good for me and my view of science. If nothing else, I might really remember that this Big Institute and my department isn’t necessary how research is done everywhere in the world. That is, it doesn’t have to be rude, harsh and ruthless with a bunch of egos who battle the world and each other with knives in the back and hidden agendas. Then again, that is the way of the world so why not in science?

But I have to say, even if the world might be harsh and science may be ruthless, with tea in the afternoon, all can be handled well.

Tata for now.

4 comments:

Maria Abrahamsson said...

Oh, I do agree - even though I often prefer coffee :-) I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

chall said...

thanks. I am still not really sure on what happened yesterday. I will use the term "sensory overload" and see if I can think more clearly tomorrow. Today, I am still on the thinking that I don't know how I presented myself...

;) more tes for me now in afternoon tea on a saturday!!

Cirkux said...

What you need is more indian food! Oh and maybe an hour or so on the phone with sensible friends. And perhaps a strongly worded review of a book advocating ID: http://books.guardian.co.uk/review/story/0,,2290401,00.html

chall said...

an hour or so proved good :) and the Indian food had to give way for 'real proper British Fish platter with fish and chips and mushed peas'.

I'll look through the review later on...