Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Not complaining

Well, after reading my lst post I did decide to stop whining and maybe to keep things more objective (hm, that’s not going to work but at least I can try not to always write sad, bad and complaining things but rather a little more of the objective “life in the lab” or at least write some things more that are happy…)


So, in all earnest to try and make good on my promise (intention). The latter part of the day went almost as bad as the first part… (to be completely honest it went worse but I am trying to focus on the few good things here ,) ). My results from the tests with my first mutants that actually have worked (the ones I am trying to do now are a little complicated and sad) are ambiguous… that said, I see a difference between the wild type and the mutant which made me happy…. Until I tried to explain why that happened seeing that the mutant is not suppose to either grow slower (has to do with clearance rate) or adhere worse (has to do with sickness) so I am in for a little mystery solving, which I am actually looking forward to. Printed a ton of papers today to try and read through them with the eyes looking for “adherence”, “colonization” or something else I haven’t thought of yet…

Time to get back to reading.

(and yeah, I cut out the last post. Sorry Hypoglycemiagirl for loss of the comment. Thanks though! It was spot on. My talk will be good :) )

No comments: