Friday, October 12, 2007

390 goals and 917 points and counting...

He did it!
In the good game where Maple Leafs won 8-1 Sundin did it!! (A wonderful thing that Leafs won since the game before this one ended in 1-7…. Anyway, let’s not think about that now.)

He now has the records of most goals (390) in Toronto Maple Leafs and most points (917) and he is not done! He is also chasing that old record of Börje Salming with the assists, Salming has 620 and Sundin 527 so that might take a while… not that I really care seeing they are both Swedes and really Salming was awesome in his time!

I really, really, really, wish he can finish this season with taking the Leafs to the Stanley Cup Play offs and how wonderful would it be if they went to the finals?!?! I have already given myself a promise that if (I want to write when) they enter the play offs I will head up there and grab a seat in Air Canada Centre to see my favorite team in their building. (I know, it might be too expensive but the dream lives on…)

I mean, can you imagine what it sounded like when this happened there after the game last night? “Capping the historic night at Air Canada Centre, public address announcer Andy Frost drew roars of approval from the more than 19,000 fans when he revealed the selection of the three stars of the game as Sundin, Sundin and Sundin.” And further to emphasise that it isn’t only I who perceive this crazy fandom “Over the last 10 seasons, Sundin ranks fourth among all NHL players in goals (334) and points (787)” (Although, I think nhl.com might need to update their numbers but well, I’ll let it slide for this time.)

Time to exit the world of hockey and enter the lab, PCRs here I come. Jolly weekend to y’all and good luck England in conquering those French Frogs (no offense people, its rugby!)!

No comments: