Friday, May 04, 2007

Why hockey is so big?! And of course... bye bye Canucks

This article made me teary eyed. Yep, I am a sappy sentimental Swede on the other side of the world and I miss my country sometimes. Or at least I miss the happy feeling portrayed in the article. Gosh, if that was the truth though… that would be an even bigger thing. Well, it is not that they are lying in the article, get me right, it is the fact that if every town was as good at self assurance and pride we might stand a chance against those thoughts we breed as a community back home. Sometime I wonder if we were all indoctrinated while sleeping in day care with “Don’t think you are anything else than average. Don’t perceive you are different than others. Don’t stand out. Everyone striving for success will fall harder when the fail” or Jante as we call it.

Ok, that was wrong of me. Not true. Or just a little… but truthfully I would like to visit Örnsköldsvik some time. Just to see it. Gotta love a town that has 30 000 inhabitants but still 7000 people on average attendance at game time in the arena!

Back to NHL and Stanley Cup (and yes, I can see my reports getting fewer and fewer now). Canucks played like, ah well I didn’t see that game yesterday. Tried to but when no TV channel in my vicinity proved to be able to let me watch it I gave in and waited for the game to be over. I fell asleep before the second over time was over. As expected Niedermayer (Scott not his brother) made the goal. Ah hem, when you go down better loose against the best huh?

No comments: