Thursday, April 19, 2012

always a little late...

It seems that this is something that always happens. Every time I have a vacation time coming up there are these "last minute things" that need to be fixed before leaving.... hence, awake late at night and not because I was watching hockey (although I did), nor packing (I sorted through what to pack) but finishing that last work related report and those last results... not to mention that an opportunity reared its head a few days ago and needed response "right now". huh. I'm not sure what that will mean in the long run, but I can not not try so... here goes a little ;)

Time to go to bed and then up in early morning to go exercise. I thought about saying no to that since it is "my optional thing" (aka not work and therefore not mandatory really) but remembered my promise to myself not to dodge work out since it does help me relax and remember that work isn't everything and my time in the gym is important for me and my health...

Here's to "fixing all that really needs fixing"; then - vacation time! woho!

---
addendum in the morning.

I gave up the gym idea after no falling asleep until it meant I would've gotten 2.5 hours of sleep. I guess I solved all my problems, or at least my head did since it wouldn't turn off.... now, to work and hope to function somewhat on too little sleep. I had really hoped to start my vacation not being exhausted. Ah well, you don't get all you want in the world. Clearly I need some time off though.

2 comments:

Nina said...

enjoy your well deserved vacation! Hope you get to hike and tent :)

chall said...

thanks Nina! no tent this time, although I hope for a smaller hike or so... I will however REST! AWESOME nature around so... maybe I['ll even take some photos and try and get some envious "lovely" ;)