Saturday, January 28, 2012

Hockey week 17

ME!!! :) I got this week - thanks to Finnish Rinne! (Maybe a pick for you there Bob?)

Here is the new stats after week 17. I got the "fifth from the bottom" place back :) (SM and Mr E man are tied for forth from the back)


Gerty and Modscientist came in close second and third; Cath, Lava, Ricardipus and Mr E man and Bob battled about the 20 points and more... and ScientistMother and Beth tied for last place.

Personally, I hope this is the turning point for my lovely Leafs since "Monstret" aka Gustravsson in the goal did an awesome week!!! Fingers crossed for SC play offs - and before that I'm aiming to pass Gerty (since the other four are way ahead). Look out Gerty! :)

5 comments:

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

Thanks for the update Chall! You had a great week!

It's quite a battle up there at the top and every pick counts now! Here's to the end of the stoopid All Stars break and lots of points in half-week 18!

I believe ScientistMother offered to host next week - anyone want to take week 19? It's much easier when we have a few hosts lined up in a row, rather than handling it every week... hint hint... ;)

ScientistMother said...

I swear I've lost whatever mojo I had at the beginning. I think I"ll see how fast I can fall to the bottom....

chall said...

Cath: it was a great week for me. Let's hope I get another one... or four.. I really need them :) Although, as I said, I just want Toronto to make the play offs!!!!!!!

I'll handle any week that you want me to. All of them until the play offs? I'm game. As long as we can be ok with the heavy emphasis on "yey I won" or "yey the Leafs are looking good" ;)

SM: well, I did better the first two months than dec and jan... need mojo now!!

Richard Wintle said...

Yeah, I picked the Monster too. But I just can't catch those top three, and the silly half-week 18 is going to be a real crapshoot - way over cap, had to take some WAGs (that's "wild-*** guesses") as to who might do well.

Cath, if you're still reading, sign me up for a week or two in there somewhere.

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

Thanks Ricardipus!

Canucks vs. Hawks tonight... first time we've met since we knocked them out of the playoffs (it's only fair; they knocked us out the two years before that). SO PSYCHED!