Tuesday, September 22, 2009

trying to finish

I'm finally home and about to go to bed. "Finishing it all up" (as in all the projects and make sure it is a done deal for publication) seems a bit harder than I thought to start with (non-realistic thy name is Dr C). As a friend said the other day "finishing up means stopping doing experiments at some point". Go figure. Well, maybe in a few weeks.... because right now it is a few more intense days. At least the results seem good *knock wood* at this time.

I will try and resume some normal posting soon. When I feel like I have something to say that isn't
a) whining
b) venting
c) complaining
d) feeling sad and slightly stressed

Let's give me another couple of days, right?!

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

But those make for interesting posts ;) Good luck!

Amanda@Lady Scientist said...

Feel free to vent to us. That's what we're here for. I've noticed that it's hard not to run just one more experiment. I hope that you are truly able to finish up soon!

chall said...

Alyssa> haha, if they aren't too much only "oh, I am sooo tired and mad at things". Need to be a tad bit constructive...

Amanda> thanks. you're sweet. It is really hard to do that "last" experiment. Although, I am trying to solve it by making "the last experiemtn in three different projects at the same time". I think that is destined to fail perhaps? ;)

Anonymous said...

Finishing up is when you send the journal the corrected proofs

antipodean

chall said...

haha, next April maybe? hm... twp jobs until then... fantastic :)

DrL said...

Don't try to do only "normal posting", this is your blog and please do share with us about being you! Vent to internet, complain and whine all that you like :-)))

Write whatever you like, it will help you and it will help other people who happen to read here. We enjoy when you are simply yourself, whether it is happy or not, rested or tired, relaxed or stressed :-)

This is our small window to peek into your world, do not close it to only allow "normal" blogging, whatever that may mean (well, it sounds a little like self-censorship?)

Sending hugs your way!