Wednesday, December 06, 2006

confusion and languages

It is hard to think in one language and talk in another... realising that is not my situation today answering a statement in a conversation "you don't translate do you, in your head I mean" and my response was simply no. Not unless it is feelings... feelings are still hard to tell in only English. Half of it is still trapped in the belly of the beast in native tounge.

it is interesting, as well as scary. I am on the verge now, this is a time were I have been before. A few months in and your head starts to spin. You are not good at your native tounge, yet not a master in the new language. It is a confusing and frustrating time. Last time I "solved" it by reading more dictionaries and picking up words, at least one new a day, in English while I wrote essays in native tounge during weekends and evenings.. maybe I need to do that again.

It is worth thinking about. As is some other things. I think the brewing is finally getting somewhat done. I relish that thought. Although in this context I must admit the relish part seems strange and out of place... hmm... maybe I should find a dictionary...

No comments: