Sunday, May 15, 2011

going to ASM in NOLA

Sometimes I just love abbreviations ;)

I'm going to the American Society of Microbiology General Meeting in New Orleans Louisiana starting this Saturday and going til Tuesday. I'm quite sure it will be a blast - not only some interesting sessions and posters - but meeting up with some old colleagues and some newer ones.... and some parties :)

[some things redacted since it was a bit too much info me thinks]

Anyway, it's going to be hot and humid with the added thing of potential flooding by the Mississippi river. Although, I doubt it will happen since they've opened the spill ways to keep the river from spilling over that big city and Baton Rouge. It's hard to see those smaller towns getting flooded though, since the water has to go somewhere....

Now, back to the hockey game while continuing to plan the packing and clothes choices etc.

No comments: